- ALWAYS plan for a long day.
- ALWAYS start as early as possible.
- ALWAYS bring refreshments. You will get hungry and thirsty.
- ALWAYS keep your player information organized. You must be able to reference
it quickly. Keep your player stats as simple and concentrated as possible.
- ALWAYS remember if you do not feel absolutely great about a player, let him
- ALWAYS keep track of everyone's spending and roster at all times.
- ALWAYS start your bid at $1.
- ALWAYS bid $1 at a time. Be patience. Do not panic or jump amounts.
- ALWAYS save a stash of money for the laste draft rounds.
- ALWAYS remember to never reveal your "hand" or show your emotions.
Pretend you are playing cards. Wear your poker face. Know when to bluff, hold or fold!
- ALWAYS take your time. When you rush is when you will make a critical mistake.
- ALWAYS take frequent rest breaks to clear your mind and prevent fatigue.
- ALWAYS remember that two heads are better than one. If possible bring a friend
to serve as your draft assistant.
- NEVER let anyone rush you! Take your allowed time!
- NEVER get impatient!
- NEVER overspend on a super player early in the draft.
- NEVER show your emotions. keep your excitement concealed.
- NEVER forget your money.
- NEVER bid more than is necessary.
- NEVER let someone change your mind. Go with your "gut" feelings!
- NEVER take a player loss to heart! Taking it personal will only
"blow" your entire draft. Always stay positive at all times regardless of what transpires.
- NEVER take a player for spite. Always have a plan and stick with
- NEVER allow anyone to see your "Draft Homework" or "Cheat sheets".
Player information is sacred. Guard it at all cost!